Monday, April 15, 2013

Some Short Stories


Quinn is working on jumping. He likes to "jump" off of his mattress (which is on the floor) and thinks it's the greatest thing ever. A couple nights ago, he climbed up on our cedar chest (about 18 inches tall) and was acting like he wanted to jump. So I went over, knelt down, and reached up to take him by the waist to help him jump down safely when he suddenly threw himself off the chest and into my arms. He thought that was great and repeated it a couple times. Crazy kid!!


Wil was trying to explain what money is to Aurora.
Wil: Money is a symbolic representation of of value.
Aurora: Daddy, what did you do at work today?
Wil, trying again: Are you your name?
Aurora: No! My name is Aurora!
Wil: Well, yes, that's true....

He eventually was able to come up with a way to help her understand that her name represents her but isn't her, but I don't think she really got it.






 Quinn knocked a chair over on himself and got a few bumps and bruises. After crying and cuddling a bit, he took my hand and led me to his room. Then he sat down, pointed at the TV, and said, "Toot toot!"

I think I've been using Thomas the Tank Engine to distract him from teething pain and sickness a bit too much recently...


 ~Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment