Thursday, March 7, 2013

The No-Cry Sleep Solution Log: Day 150--Are we done yet? No.

We're all still a wee bit tired around here....
 
Rather than continuing to complain about teething, I'll just tell you that I complain A LOT about teething. It's been 13 weeks since this mess started, Quinn has cut 6 teeth, has 2 more almost all the way in, and 2 more just starting to poke through. Hopefully this will all be over in a month and we can finally SLEEP again.


And last night was not good; it wasn't the worst night we've had, but it wasn't good...

Day 150 Sleep Log Summary

Nap: 3 hours, 10 minutes (this has become normal, probably to make up for his awful night sleep)
Last time: 3 hours
Night time sleep: 8 hours, 35 minutes
Last time: 10 hours, 30 minutes
Wakings: 4-??? (depends upon how you count those 3 hours he was so restless it was hard to tell if he was awake or asleep or what)
Last time:
3
Total sleep per day: 11 hours, 45 minutes
Last time: 13 hours, 30 minutes
Recommended amount of sleep: 13-14 hours

And since I've never actually shown you what my nighttime log looks like as I write it, I thought I'd type it up. I would just take a picture of it, but my writing at 4am is fairly difficult to read. Whose wouldn't be???

I wrote:
6:30pm-- down in bed
7--up again
7:40--down in bed
8-- asleep
10-- up & back down by self
12:50am-- cry, nurse, back down. 10 min.
1:10-- starts coughing :(
2-- restful sleep resumes
4-- up & restless
4:50-- moved to packnplay
5:40-- back out & nurse
6--back in
6:10--asleep
7:45-- up for day

Yep, that's what my fancy-dancy sleep log actually looks like when I create it. Based on what I wrote, I can extrapolate or simply remember how long we were up at each waking. Most of the time, if it's a simple up-nurse-back down, then it takes less than 5 minutes. Other times, like last night, we're up and down and back and forth for 2 or more hours. Typically giving him painkiller helps with the restlessness, but last night it made no difference. The coughing didn't help anything at all, either.

I have a spreadsheet set up that I fill out based on what the book (The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley) suggests. Obviously, I can't type everything into my computer during the night, so the spreadsheet get filled out the next morning based on my scratchings from the night before.

So that's about all I have to say today. It's just more of the same. No forward progress and thankfully not much backwards, either. We're just trying to hang on until these last teeth come through and we can reasonably expect some progress.

~Regina

Find all my No-Cry Sleep Solution logs here!

No comments:

Post a Comment