Saturday, March 23, 2013

Goodnight, Little Quinn

Quinn is at such a sweet age. He's definitely a toddler but sometimes still a baby.

Tonight when it was bedtime (and it was definitely bedtime) he decided he didn't want to be put down. He laid down on my chest and snuggled there for a good 40 minutes. As much as I love snuggling with him, he was needing to go to sleep and there are a few things I like to get done around the house without the kids running around (like folding laundry!). So I had to figure out a way to get him to move off my chest to his pillow, but he wasn't very open to that idea...

I finally thought of something that might or might not work. He was starting to get restless and kick his feet, so I grabbed a foot, kissed it, and said, "Goodnight, little feet." Then I repeated with the other one. Quinn loved that so much that he had me do it two or three times more, then I covered his feet up with the covers. Next I kissed his belly--creating many giggles--and said, "Goodnight, little tummy!" Then I moved on to each of his hands, his nose, his eyes, cheeks, and head. Finally, I gave him a hug and said, "Goodnight, little Quinn! Now it's time for you to lay down on your pillow." And...he did!

I covered him up, gave him a few more kisses and he waved to me as I left the room. He was asleep within 5 minutes. Now that is what you call serendipity. :) Who knows if it will work tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure he's going to want me to do it again. What a cutie.



~Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment