Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Talking? Not Quite...

Quinn is so close to talking. He often jabbers off long sentences of complicated sounds that really mean something to him, but we don't understand. However, some of his words are getting very, very close to being real words. Here's what I'm understanding currently:

 dink=drink
ik=pacifier
aw=car
uk=truck
owa=Aurora
mamamamamama=mommy
umumumumum=nursing
dah=dog

(Note that he doesn't actually have a "k" sound, but it's close enough that that's the best way I can represent it here.)
He often combines these words with signs, which is what allows me to actually understand what he's saying. However, these do seem to be the ones that are consistent.

His favorite sound, however, is growling.  He does it when he's frustrated, he does it when he's playing, he does it when he wants me to wrestle-tickle him. It's pretty funny. :)


That's my cutie!

~Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment