Saturday, October 27, 2012

In Aurora's Words: Making a Kaleidoscope

Regina: Would you like to tell the story of making your kaleidoscope?
Aurora: No. That's not a real game. Let's do something else on your computer.
R: I wanted to have you tell the story....
A: I'm ready for quiet rest time!

Later....
Aurora: That's at the very end.
Regina: It is?
Aurora: Yes. You flipped through it to the very end.
Regina: So where's the beginning?
Aurora: Up there!
Regina: So this isn't the first picture?
Aurora: Yes it is. There I am making it.
Aurora: I'm making it.
Regina: What's Quinn doing?
Aurora: Quinn's watching. That one is watching.
Aurora: Me lookin' through it.
Aurora: Me lookin' inside it. That's still me looking inside it.
Aurora: *laughs* The kaleidoscope...I wanna see the next picture!
Aurora: Quinn playing with it.
Regina: Is Quinn careful with it?
Aurora: NO! Quinn is not...at all! May I have my tiara and wand?
Regina: Hold on, we aren't done!
Aurora: Inside that kaleidoscope. That's a funny one because of....all the stickers that I put on. It's funny. The stickers are funny. It's a funny picture!
Aurora: Insiiiiiide!
Aurora: Um...inside.
Aurora: Inside the kaleidoscope. Is that the last one. Is there any more pictures? I want more. Can I do another thing on your computer?
Regina: In a moment.
Regina: Want to say anything at the very end?
Aurora: Yeah....
Regina: What?
Aurora: I don't know....I love princesses. I want to say I love princesses. Did you write it?

If this doesn't make any sense, let me explain: We have started receiving a monthly craft box from Kiwi Crate. Each box contains 2 or 3 age appropriate crafts for kids and their parents to do. This was our very first craft: making a kaleidoscope. Aurora wasn't very into it at first, but she has been talking about it quite a bit so I think she must have enjoyed it. If you're interested in more information about Kiwi Crate, you can go here. If you sign up, you get a $10 discount and so do I! :)

Hope you enjoyed Aurora's narration. She's starting to get into telling stories, so I hope we'll be able to have her tell more blog posts in the future. :)

~Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment