Monday, November 8, 2010

We love you, Grandma Marjorie

This afternoon I received the news that my mom's mother, my grandma Marjorie Rosenkranz, had died earlier this morning. I don't know many of the details, but that doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that grandma is well-loved and will be very missed. I am very thankful that Grandma got a chance to meet Aurora this past May, when we visited for my cousin Brian's wedding.

Although growing up overseas meant that we did not get to see our grandparents as much as any of us would have liked, Grandpa and Grandma did make sure that the time they had with us was filled with memories:
--Teddy bear hot cakes that would cry "ow!" and "oh!" and "my tummy (head, arm, leg, ear, etc.) hurts!" when grandma would cut them for us.  Yes, that's awful--but we loved it, and Grandma loved doing it for us.
--Songs about Pretty Red Wing, the Native American girl whose beloved rode off to war and she cried all night.
--Maple bars cut just perfectly so that we all got a fair share.
--Pretty "Country Living" magazines that I was sure Grandma saved just for me to look at.




We love you, Grandma, and look forward to seeing you again someday.  In the meantime, you will be sorely missed!

~Regina
(For those reading on facebook, please visit wilnregina.com to view the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment