Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Celebration of Fun

1, 2, buckle my shoe
3, 4, shut the door
5, 6, pick up sticks
7, 8, lay them straight
9, 10, a big fat hen
11, 12, .........?

That's how far we got into that rhyme while counting Aurora's toes. I couldn't believe that I didn't remember the next words! I think they have something to do with heaven, but I got distracted by a more important matter before I could look the words up--the important matter of why in the world I could count to 12 on my daughter's toes. Yes, 12. I can actually count, I promise. Here, I'll even let you count her toes yourself!



Yes, my wonderful, talented, brilliant Aurora has yet another advantage over other children: she can count to 12 on her toes! I'm sure this will give her a great leg-up (or should I say, "toe-up"?) in life and help her be wildly successful.

What a marvelous discovery!

~Regina




For those who didn't figure it out already, it's April 1st--April Fool's day. I suggest you don't believe too much of what you read today. And for the record, Wil can count to 31 on one hand and he most certainly does not have 31 fingers on either hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment